A simple template. Till I find a new one suitable for myself. I got tired of the old one.
It's been a lot of bad luck lately. But what else is there to do with problems, but solve them?
In the darkness of the night, I am king on King's Road.
Often though I see this scenario - one guy pushing the pedals on his bike, the only person to be seen outside a house, and still travelling - I still can't get used to the feeling of it. We all live our lives under conditions of perpetual noise, that when complete silence occurs, it gives the place a sense of tension, mystery, and for some even fear.
It's good entertainment.
Recently we studied Erlking by Goethe, set to music by Schubert. It's my belief that the good musician doesn't need words to express himself/herself - but the presence of words to accompany the song sort of reinforces the meaning and produces a different effect. Yesterday night it was as if I was in the song itself - granted there's a world of difference between a landscape of trees and a scene of many rows of houses, but nightfall blurs the difference between the forest and the concrete forest by a bit.
Dem Vater grauset's, er reitet geschwind,
The father shudders, he quickens his pace
I accelerated. I rode through the scene like the father on his horse - though unlike the father and his child, I had nothing to protect but a bag full of scores.
Er hält in Armen das ächzende Kind,
Erreicht den Hof mit Müh' und Not;
In seinen Armen das Kind war tot.
He holds in his arms the groaning child.
He reaches home with haste and dread;
In his arms, the child was dead.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home