It's ridiculous how far one can push the girlfriend analogy.
The new cello on loan from Mingxi is getting to be a pain in the neck as I can't quit thinking about it. There are practically a million and one questions.
Such as.
I can't get ANY variety of tone out of the new cello as compared to my own. Does this simply mean my own cello's capable of stuff it can't do, or that I just need to get used to the new one? Mine needs to be pushed a bit before the good sound comes out; the new one seems more like it's ready to go without that sort of pushing. When I tried, it wouldn't give me anything but that one tone colour... so I sort of got into an argument with it on the first day. Not good.
Which idiot said(probably correctly) that one shouldn't compare one's current partner to previous relationships? They're all unique...
Sure the new cello sounds nice, but I haven't figured out how to get that quiet intensity I can out of my lower strings.
You don't pick a partner entirely on good looks(or good sound), do you? You've got to be compatible....
Then which idiot said that the two parties need lots of time to get used to each other? One week is hardly a lot...
The end result is that I've spent the whole day thinking about that cello. And my own cello.
(Indecisiveness on which one to take and which one to dump?(of course, 'dump' is far too harsh a word to use))
It's just like when you have a crush on someone you can't get her out of your head. Unfortunately, a crush doesn't mean a successful relationship.
Conclusion: Back to the cold hard, simple(ok maybe not so simple, but at least quantifiable) facts of Physics for me. I'll get up tomorrow and then decide what to do with that cello.
And get a haircut.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home