I do have my own opinions about music.
For one, rubato is abused far too often. Especially by pianists. Some of them vary tempo so much that the bar separation is indistinguishable.
I prefer music that doesn't change tempo every bar.
I am forced to admit, I do sound robotic at times. Too technical. I do enjoy the flow but Lenard says it's still too broken up into smaller parts. As in. Compartmentalised. Like I'm only focusing on one part of the music instead of the entire thing. I think I get what he means.
That's a problem......... and it's going to be an impossibility to fix. I can't mug my way out of this one. What I meant when I said I didn't connect with Elgar's Cello Concerto was that I didn't like it like other people do. I didn't find it nice to hear. I much prefer Dvorak...or Shostakovich.
The problem with being a robot. is that you can only do things the robotic way and that just makes you more and more robotic.
I've dug myself all the way into a hole in the ground and people are pointing at the sky.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home