Monday, August 20, 2007

Some stuff I didn't take note of at today's rehearsal with the pianist.


Better too loud than unclear, off-beat, and seemingly unsure of oneself...I was too nervous to play out. Shostakovich worked much better than rehearsals because I had the tempo in mind before going up to play. Also right before I went up I adopted a "heck care the audience. Just zham(ie whack)" mentality.


If you want to run through, then run through and DON'T STOP. If you want to practise a small part, then practise THAT PART ONLY. Never, NEVER run through and stop halfway to practise a part because you're practising the stopping as well and you'll have to practise again to get rid of it again. The difference is that un-learning something is much more difficult than learning it.


I was very unsatisfied with my playing today. But at least I learnt a lesson...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home