Sunday, May 25, 2008

laugh, for you can be struck no more.

the last step remains before it all turns into a memory - my ray of illumination.

lighted my path, lighted my flame - now I carry only my own torch to seek other routes.

[There is so much a man can tell you, so much he can say.]



Joshua Roman's concert today. Went there in the hope of learning to appreciate the three sonatas being played there: Beethoven, whose chamber music I have always thought to be boring, Britten, who makes no harmonic sense to me whatsoever, and Brahms, who always has screwed harmony or melody.


It wasn't a complete failure, seeing as I managed to enjoy the last movement of the Brahms sonata in its fugue-like form(I love fugues=p) but it was such a struggle to stay awake during the first half that once it was over I downed a bottle of Coke. Highly acidic, very sugary and caffeine containing. A very unhealthy alternative to coffee(which I couldn't find.) I don't think this was any fault of the performers, but that I simply can't appreciate those three composers at all. Ok, excepting Beethoven's well-written symphonies and solo piano music.


Mr Chan assumed I liked the encore(Dance of the Elves) and said so. He was right. He, like a few other people, know my playing style and my taste in music too well. I don't always go for fast, note-heavy music but I do enjoy the energy in it.


---------------------------------

at times like this, I don't feel anything at all. I don't want to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home