Musician though I aspire to be, there are certain things that I don't ever see myself playing - no interest, and no ability.
1)Elgar's Cello Concerto. (Ok, this is a maybe. Though I thought I'd never want to play it a few years back.
2)The Bach cello suites. (Ability yes, after quite a lot of practice. Interest never.)
3)The large majority of pop songs. (Can't stand most stuff with words. Most of it's about love, and in my opinion, that's the one thing that I can't and may never be able to bring out in my playing(unless it be the love of music.))
4)Any of Brahms's cello sonatas. (Unless it be the 2nd movement of the F major sonata.)
5)Atonal music.
There are those things beyond my comprehension in music. Naturally I wouldn't be able to describe them, not being able to understand them in the first place. But they exist, and they put great limitations on my playing.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home