Monday, December 15, 2008

I can't put my thoughts into words! So frustrating...


And I'm 6th placed among my friends in Word Challenge in Facebook. Oh the irony.


But actually, what is there to say? What is there even to think about? Looking at factual information, I come up with this:


-I rehearsed with re:mix today.
-Cello melody in Xi Shui Chang Liu was frightfully underpractised and out of tune.
-Boundless Sea was fun.
-Mr Foo gave me a lift home.
-There are 142 +-1 steps on the way up to Mount Sophia from Plaza Sing.
-I made it down the steps, to Subway for dinner, and back up within 30 minutes.


Oh well. Music is my life but it's REALLY starting to feel like a drug. There are empty spaces which drugs cannot fill - such as a hungry stomach. I wonder if I've gained resistance to it, by overusing it, getting to know it a lot better?


I went for rehearsal. I had fun. I got tired. I came back home. Simple as that. Doesn't sound or seem so impressive. But then, the music isn't playing now...


Professional musicians. You can't help but wonder at their dedication - and if you're aspiring, like me, to wish you had it too.


To quote Mr Foo, (more or less)

At 5pm: "I didn't have breakfast. This is my lunch. *points to paper bag nearby.* I just didn't find time to eat it."


After 6h almost entirely of rehearsals and arranging stuff without a break: "Yeah, a bit tired I guess - but you know, I just got carried away and didn't notice."


Not that food and sleep mean a lot to me. Sure, I'd happily skip them for my music if I had to. But for the quality of my music, I'd better have enough of those - or my playing wouldn't even be worth anything.


But to skip everything, and NOT EVEN NOTICE--


And Mr Chan - who views everything as an easy task - because the belief is half the battle - says: "What stress? I'm not stressed at all! Cannot be la!" Not that he should be stressed, but how he stays on top of it all under seemingly no pressure at all - I could believe he takes lessons from his cats on this sort of thing.


Oh well. So with everything and nothing else to say here-


I end the post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home