They say the world is simpler than I think...
on the contrary, I say the world is more complicated than anyone can think.
but often, simple condensations suffice for most purposes. Such as Newton's laws.
Me being me, I chase answers to the boundaries of the mind and back again until I lose track of the original question.
I've written too often about change. The fact is that it's a constant; it just keeps going but still often surprises you; at least it surprises me.
Yesterday and today were large indicators of a great(but gradual) shift in our lives.
Values have changed, over the years... perhaps not individual people's values, but those of the collective consciousness.
My closest friends are doing things which are highly objectionable to myself, which I would never once consider.
But while I can argue with them over it, I can't argue with the majority. And I have no choice but to let these pass... they are no less my friends for this.
The artist must cater to the majority, if not everyone. In my eyes, art is not so developed as science in that it can even out the differences between humans, that it can make people truly equals.
Does the majority dictate what is right, or does some higher force?
Even if the higher force determines good and evil, would that force allow a majority to plunge into darkness, to spout teachings contrary to its own?
Though I do believe in a benevolent God, I also believe this and the possibilities of my last question are not mutually exclusive.
I follow what I can make sense of, for now.
Are we really better than animals if our main aim is to seek pleasure? For this is not a pursuit exclusive to us.
I think, because I believe that the reason we were given brains is that we were meant to make use of them. Anyhow, it would be a great waste of this ability were we to simply throw it away.
Till next time, then. There are many good things in the world... it just seems to me that people are embracing the bad ones more than the good. Not being the origin of the definitions of good and bad, however, I of course have no right to make this a final judgement.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home