Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006- the most eventful year of my life. So far.


no regrets but one


and a bright future ahead.


what does 2007 hold for us


no one knows for sure.


this is


a point of no return-


I entered the year, and left it-


what have I gained? what have I lost?


How shall I sum it up?


Is there even a way?


This year, I have found the few who mean the most to me.


This year, I have found the few who I hate passionately.


This year, I have found......


an unfinished story.


So the movement closes with an imperfect cadence.


I look back.


Was it truly I who wrote the score?


Surprisingly enough, this is my song.


Through Baroque, through Classical, through Romantic.


the harmony has evolved-


looking back-


this was indeed a colourful movement.


Full of life and action.


and a ride through the darkest passage shadowing the tense chords of the present.


The end is nigh.


and even as the last of its embers were fading to ash, the phoenix rose again, the vermilion hue of its wings now a brilliant blue. It stared at the orange and red flames quickly dying, as if waiting for something.


The fire flickered and faded, the final gasp of the funeral pyre. The phoenix then turned its face to the sky, and spread its wings. The striking plumage of the phoenix became a flare of colour; it was almost as the tree's branches had suddenly caught fire.


The forest became silent.


With one last look at the black ashes now drifting to the ground, the phoenix leaped from its perch and rose into the sky, in search of a new home.


...that is, i hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home