Saturday, September 29, 2007

Why do I even study, if it's just for the certificate at the end?(excluding music, that is.)

Study gets you a cert. A cert gets you a good chance at a job. The cert's for the situation where I don't make it as a musician(and I probably won't.)


Bloody hell. That damn certificate has a rather large impact on my future. Especially since I don't have any previous certificates other than my PSLE.


What is this. My entire life's being determined by these little pieces of paper that are so easily duplicated.


No wonder some morally crooked people do it.


I won't say 16 years of force-feeding has produced no results, but somehow, I think much more can be achieved. Although I don't see any, doubtless there is a way.


I should be celebrating the end of promos. But instead, I've felt almost nothing throughout the examination period. No stress due to exams, only stress due to me forcing myself to mug. No relief in finding that the paper's over. And after exams? Would life be any more interesting?


I suppose it's true that in earlier times, people concerned themselves with survival; now that survival is a given in many parts of the world, people concern themselves with entertainment.


One year on, I ask myself the same question, under different conditions: Cellist, where do you go from here?


I found my answers the last time. But times have changed - they always do.


nowhere to run, nowhere to hide


no man is an island

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home