Busy, busy, busy.
Current list of things to do:
-Sort out Passacaglia, Shostakovich, Schumann, and one more Popper etude. And practise Suk.
-Get details on the new strings furniture.
-Buy myself some good rosin.
-Get a wolf tone suppressor for my C string
-Pack some gloves into my bag in case of performance in cold places
-Catch a movie(any one, with anyone at all!)
-Return scores to Esplanade
-Look through Christmas transcriptions
-Get a new bag!
Have some quartet scores I'm supposed to play with some others from church. Just had a look through and decided they're all sightreadable - and I'll be skipping a day of string chalet for this.
Uncomfortable slacking and irritated working. I want to be doing something useful but then again I don't feel like lifting my fingers because it's holiday period.
Spent the entire morning sleeping - and only got up at 3 for rehearsal. No, I wasn't being lazy. It's just that it takes this much energy to stay awake and this much more to practise. Generally I only get enough energy at night. I'm quite a nocturnal person. But my parents had to invite people over for karaoke again so I couldn't practise. I'm going to make an attempt to do some later but I'm not sure how long I'll last. My peak is around 9pm to midnight and sharply declines after that.
Was thinking about competition this afternoon. It must suck being the nonpareil in a field because there's no one in front of you for you to beat, to serve as your motivation. Nor is it fun to pit yourself against anyone else because you know you'll win. I heard something somewhere, about people constantly being in search of an equal, a rival which they can oppose and thus improve themselves with. In other words, one with similar capabilities or characteristics. A mirror of oneself, and in a way, that's also a definition of a friend, isn't it?
Don't feel like writing any more.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home