Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I hate questions with no answers. Especially those GP topics in which we are encouraged to take a stand, analyse the strengths and weaknesses to arguments and create our own.


In reality, all it has shown me is that these disputes just go on and on. There will be no perfect resolution. And therefore there is no point arguing, for there is a counterpoint to every point that you make. No hold is unbreakable under any circumstances; nay, no hold is even attainable.


Sunzi was right. Protracted wars are disadvantageous because the losses will inevitably outweight the gains. The greatest loss is not defeat, but to fight a battle which has no end. Fatigue and defensive expenses will cost more than a defeat.


The question is whether to choose an immediate defeat to free up resources for a victory later or to push on with no end in sight, risking either a protracted war or even total defeat for a chance at success in completion.


And there is no answer to this question but my own.


The land dictates the measurement; the measurement dictates the appraisal; the appraisal dictates the calculation; the calculation dictates the deliberation; and the deliberation dictates the possibility of victory.


I am sick of all this calculation and deliberation. How nice it would be to forgo this and live a life free of conflict.


However, the fact is that conflict comes knocking on everyone's doorstep from time to time, and he who engages the enemy first and then hopes he is lucky enough to win, is sure to fail. But he is happy in that he leads a life devoid of troublesome tasks and doubts.


For this I worry for a friend. I enjoy being a strategist in my free time - especially in card games. And not just with poker cards, various sorts of trading card games as well. A pity the large amount of funds required to sustain this hobby would be better employed elsewhere. But I cannot apply this cold, hard strategy to certain situations in life; it just seems wrong, or too troublesome simply because the possibilities to cover are too numerous.


I have recently come into contact with previously unfathomable tactics. To evolve or to remain? Will I leave behind that which is better in the decision?


Will there be a decision?


countdown eleven. it will be five for you but I must wait a little longer.


With a little thinking, the meaning of that becomes obvious. I shall not repeat it again because it will become meaningless within a short period of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home