I really don't see the point in going on holiday. There isn't anything useful to be learnt. So I skiied in Korea. Big deal. My average distance moving without losing my balance was about 5 metres. And my mum fell over and couldn't get up. We paid all that money just to sit around in the snow and soak ourselves? And put up with the frigid temperatures we could simply experience by going to Snow City. The only thing notable was the food.
And Thailand? It was unbearable. Without my cello for an entire week or even any form of music. I practically begged the receptionist to let me use the piano in the hotel lobby, but no, they wouldn't let me touch it, worried I'd drive the guests away.
yes, I'm addicted to music. Get used to it.
I spent the nights in the cybercafe chatting with my friends in Singapore. And what was there to do? Shop? I bought about 7 packets of dried mangoes and took that back to Singapore. And a bag. Which spoilt in like 3/4 of a year. I don't even remember what I did in the day. Watched some snakes I think at one time. If I want snakes I'll go to the Singapore Zoo. At least they treat the snakes well there. Then there were the people who lived in mountain villages. Yes, they had long necks. So what? I learnt about their way of life and customs. *nods head* so what's next? It's just information. The only time I actually perked up was when this guy picked up this wind instrument and started playing chords on it. I bought one after that and experimented around. It held my attention for most of the rest of the trip. I don't even remember what else I did. In Thailand or Korea. Not to say that they aren't good places to live in, but then, when you live in Singapore, you learn how to live in Singapore, right? You don't live like a Korean in Singapore(unless you're a patriotic migrant).
So sorry, travelling doesn't fit my idea of fun. To me, it's got to be musical, or require brainwork to be considered interesting.
I dread the day when I have to leave behind my music and my friends and go to some land which I know nothing about, for useless activities which serve no purpose other than to waste time.
Oh, and one more thing. One more reason I hate travelling is my skin condition. It's very sensitive to different climates - and Korea was simply hell for it.
I look forward to the Thailand trip - only because I can learn about their music, ensembles and schools, and because I'll have a chance of meeting people I know there. And that I'll be travelling with most of the best friends I've ever had in my life. Nothing else apart from the idea of bringing a ton of mangoes home.
Just thinking of what's going to happen in two days time is enough to make me feel depressed.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home