Sunday, December 23, 2007

I hate to post this, but it's been the bottom of the pits for this aspiring musician lately. What with the Taiwan trip interrupting my practice, having to deal with a ridiculous doorbell that plays Happy Birthday and other simple and clichéd songs when it isn't anyone's birthday, and the crowd of people who come down daily to transform into howling horrors under the full moon in front of the karaoke system. I haven't heard one that can sing in tune yet. The worse ones employ rubato against the strict time meter of the accompaniment. and remain oblivious to their own doings.Plus that tinkling horror of my mum's phone(granted it's classical music, probably some Baroque or Classical piece) which I hate because it doesn't seem to have anything in it but the tonic chord and because it's been there for months already. And it's ringing for the third time now because my mum traditionally takes about two or three calls before she picks up the phone. After one and a half hours of fruitless thirds practice this afternoon, I'm stepping back to notice the ridiculosity/futility/stupidity/unmusicality/is there a better word? of it all.


I'm getting a rather big headache over all of it. Then there's all the holiday homework(which I haven't touched) to finish. SIGH.


I'm a very lopsided person.


I wish I didn't tire so quickly so I could get in more effective practice.


I don't feel like blogging about the Taiwan trip. At all. I just came back totally disorientated and dazed. I hate to be dropped back into reality like that. Which is one more reason I don't like leaving. Anyway, here's a summary of the interesting stuff which happened:

1)very good food
2)brought back more food to share with ppl
3)had my fortune told(so did everyone else in the tour group.) Apparently I'm going to make a lot of money, but it's going to be easy come easy go. I'm fine with that so everyone can get ready to kop if it comes true.
4)bought some sudoku books to keep me occupied
5)bought books of chopin etudes, chopin nocturnes, mozart sonatas, schubert sonatas, a collection of small pieces by debussy, and a karajan+berlin philharmonic tchaikovsky symphony no.5 recording. Total price: S$40. Compared to the $200+ I'd spend buying them at any music store here.


And that's about it. Not worth going out for in my opinion. Not even the distance from my house to Pasir Ris(ok, excluding point #5.)


I eagerly await the return of the rest of my friends from overseas so we can start another year of strings fun soon.


My Christmas, at least, will be merry. I hope. It's impossible to know for certain but as of now things aren't looking too bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home