I cannot stress enough how all the incessant 'singing' in my house has utterly poisoned my inspiration and motivations.
But today was a good day. In school... I think.
GP tutorial. Zzzz. I don't really care about what happened in Rwanda as long as it isn't happening right now. Things are being put right, and you don't fix what isn't broken - or lend an extra uneducated(with the proper skills anyway) hand.
Chem lecture. Nothing to say.
Then was a very successful practice session. It generally takes me two or three repeated practices from slow to fast increasing the speed - or whatever the variable is - to get stuff consistent, but if the first time was successful at least I know that the whole thing will eventually be successful. It's Passacaglia and Moses variations from now on till the first week of term 2 - then to start on Boccherini.
Music - and everyone dozed off except for me. It's not that I'm that much of a hardworking student - especially when gamelan music is concerned - well it's not bad music but each to his own, anyway it's school work and that label makes a lot of stuff boring instantly, to many people. No, what kept me awake was the repetitive and LOUD crunching coming from my left. I wasn't hungry, but that sound gets so irritating after hearing it for an hour or so. His explanation? "It's not the taste that matters, but the crunch factor. Every crunch sound sends out ultrasonic waves that are pleasing to the ear and that's what makes crunchy food so delicious."
I don't know how much truth there is in that, but somehow I don't see myself opening a shop and making millions selling recordings of Diyou munching a bag of crackers/chips/any other food. Then again, considering the number of people who get sleepy in lecture....
Someone help me. The people in school play patriotic Chinese songs when making a joke(usually not in mockery of China, but as music to start others laughing.) There are people in here singing them as karaoke.
Atonal music is not that bad.
More chem - nothing to say again, and I'm back home blogging. Typical day in the life of a cellist.
Oh, and the concert pieces are in horrible shape. I know we're repeating stuff, I know a lot of people are going "sian" but everything's set already and we don't have any choice but to follow the plan. Unless anyone has any other suggestions - which they did not raise for various reasons: was not paying attention to discussion, too afraid to voice their views, couldn't be bothered to open their mouths, was not aware that the issue was even up for discussion, thought they'd be overruled immediately by an overwhelming majority. I'm really sick of these. Especially those people who don't open their mouths for change, say absolutely nothing during discussion time and then refuse to practise because everything's too boring.
I REALLY CANNOT TAKE THE NOISE ANYMORE does anyone ever turn the damn thing off? ESPECIALLY SINCE NOBODY'S BEEN SINGING FOR THE PAST 15 MIN?
No wonder I can't compose anything...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home