Cold.
Corrosion eats at my will.
Sometimes, that's just how it is.
There's always work to be done.
Everything's changed.
At least, the sting reminds me that I am alive. And thankful to be so.
It can always be worse.
Every so often, I am alone.
Every so often, I am lonely
Every so often, I remind myself... If I am the only one standing--
It does not matter whether a thousand have fallen, or left, or surrendered, or none at all--
Things do come easier if you don't have to fight your way through a thousand to get to them.
As the one among none, I claim dominion over all that I can see.
Or at least, stewardship. For the world was given to us by a greater power, to watch over.
Being second best is better than nothing, even if it is a distant second best.
Walking forward again, there never was any turning back. And there never was any point in stopping.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home