So I finished the book.
First thought: That was it?
Second thought: This book was depressing.
Third thought: Are all your books depressing?
And so on:
I recall what you said about not liking superhero movies. Perhaps a happy story, a happy ending, would be too much to ask for?
You are a complicated person, more so than me. I want to understand you.
And later:
I suppose it's a happy ending in that she realises she makes the right choice. But the memory of his loss hangs over the end of the book, and even though she sort of finds what she's looking for, what she's lost is irreplaceable. And that makes me sad. Never mind the fact that death hangs over her own head as well.
I did wonder(thought there was a small chance of it) if the book was going to end in the middle of nowhere. Probably too cheesy(can't find the word!) to have it happen that way though. Well, this ending is definitely more satisfying than one that leaves you in the middle of nowhere. Green seems to be a nicer guy than Van Houten.
I need to go read the author's page and see what I missed.
And before I decided to finish this:
We should read a book together, someday. Slowly. And discuss everything we read as we reach it.
And all the way throughout:
I should sleep so I can do stuff tomorrow. You're going to be pissed. But you do understand what it is like to finish a book. I hope I can still sleep and get enough done.
Then I finished the book. And I thought, I have to write.
And I'm happy that you'll read.
Should I post it now or later?
Now. There's a thing about posting as soon as it's written, perhaps authenticity or something, can't find the word, but it's lost if I wait. And the time of post does say some stuff anyway.
Grateful for the book, as I was for the last.
Edit immediately after post: Writing buries. I'm writing now. This blog has been buried in the depths of the Internet for years now. Don't want to think about it now. I don't even know what train of thought I'm following, but perhaps you will. But if you don't, it's ok, and maybe you or I or someone else will find it years later. Or not, and my thought will remain buried under (my own writing on my own thoughts).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home