Lethargy.
Too 'sian' to do my homework. I just can't find the motivation for an apparently meaningless task like that. I don't believe(but I must) that I'm studying just for one stupid piece of paper at the end of the year. Can't imagine how much worse it would be if I wasn't taking Music.
Relief... in the form of a successful practice session on the cello, or perhaps speeding down a hill on my bike. But no, I can't even pull myself out of this chair to do any of them. Practising is totally useless if I don't have energy. There's a price to pay for the ability to play faster than most my level on the cello; all the pieces I get are tiring, full of semiquavers, and the lack of energy just shows through in my playing and makes them total failures.
The sameness and dreariness of the homework that comes along with school turns me into a walking(or rather, stoning) dead person. But it's in school where I meet those a-little-out-of-the-ordinary people that really bring life to my life.
And no, it's no a dead person inside. It's my other half, an object of power: the power to bring life to a concert hall or to drown the audience in depression. Music is influential.
Actually, it depends. If it's a dead person outside, it might as well be a dead person inside too.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home