Thursday, January 08, 2009

Rococo variations, practice report.

Theme sounds ok, but I'll keep replaying it every day and try to look for ways to improve it.


Var 1: Metronome to get it just a bit faster(yes, metronome's my best friend.) Bow length issues are fixed (GOOD) but some shifts need to be worked out (esp bar 11 3rd beat.) Greater accuracy required. Maybe some rhythmic variations to keep my mind off intonation?


Var 2: Bow-fingering coordination is fine now. Now to make sure all the notes of the scale are heard clearly. This will be something I haven't tried before; I'll start from any point in the scale and play 11 notes from there, repeat with different starting points. I want every single note to be clear. Well they're mostly clear now but some are more present than others. I intend to fix that. And yes; the very last scale. I need to work that out slowly with the metronome.


Well then, I have my work cut out. I won't include variation III for audition, not unless I'm given an extra week, and if I have extra time I'll work in the ending of var 2 - which doesnt really need to be in there as I can end on the high note.


On a side note, the continuous shifts on bar 11 are sounding good - or are the slightly-off notes just better disguised? If it ain't broke, don't fix it - at least not while there's other broken stuff to take care off.


Reported - and tomorrow's practice session will be right after I wake up. Or right after lunch if I wake up too late. Plus one more at 10pm like I did today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home