Ice to Fire
It's late and I don't want to spend too much time marveling over my history.
There's a lot of "Did I really write that?"
Flavour with disgust, wonder, and curiosity in equal quantities.
I think this time I can say for certain I've changed.
Maybe I've gotten a little better(just a little) with people. People change you.
Then again, maybe stasis was an illusion. Maybe the young are drawn to stasis, because curves approximate to straight lines when viewed in very small segments - things you learn well in basic university math.
All is the same to them. How can it not be, when so little is all they have ever known.
The ice is gone. Something, somewhere that I maybe knew I always had, has ignited, and my heart melts and my soul roars in renewed fury.
And I am burning, all too soon. Even as I venerate the ashes of those who came before.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home