Today I feel very accomplished. I went out and got 3 sets of scores to try so I might understand them better. Plus a Mahler symphony recording.
OK, I played through the Franck 4th mvt(which I already know and like.) Left the rest till tomorrow. Read the first page of the Brahms double concerto and just gave up as it'd take me forever to get through it. That leaves the Brahms sonata... And the Mahler recording wasn't very well received by my ears. Somehow my ears get bored listening to long pieces.
So I didn't really benefit. But hey, Edison learnt a thousand ways how not to make a lightbulb. Plus, I returned the strings room box, and checked on my cello at Szabo's place - turns out the crack isn't all the way through which is not so bad... but it still says airport people don't take care of instruments. Last time I said I'd never bring my cello overseas again. This time I'm cursing myself for not following my own instructions.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home