Ok. Blogging a bit today.
there's simply no freedom of expression anywhere nowadays
This morning we had some students from various countries coming to our school for some event... which was largely OK. What was not, however, was that the guy behind me(I shall decline to name him) was being really offensive. When the students from Saudi Arabia came up in front of us, everyone clapped loudly and some even screamed.
I sensed sarcasm.
And that guy very kindly said "Hey, where are your AK-47s?"
It just goes to show the negative image associated with the Middle East brought by Saddam, Al-Qaeda and Osama. Indeed, a few black sheep spoil the image of the whole lot.
Also I can't belive HCI did this to them. Straight in the face. If they even figured out what it means...they'd be really offended. I've never been a fan of discrimination. They're all just people dammit. If you like them you can go and have a conversation with them; if you don't you can keep your bloody mouth shut.
Singapore has a long way to go towards Racial Harmony.
Mugged 2.5 hours in orch room today. Quite good considering my cello's broken. I used Wang Zhuo's. Sending my cello to Szabo tmrw for repairs.
it doesn't look like I feel it but I do
ever since the day my cello was broken I haven't really been able to set my mind at rest
at least I will have it back. Soon.
Can't write more. Going to clear space in my MP3 player so I can do more recordings.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home