Sunday, January 21, 2007

My birthday came and went.


I hid the birthday theme(written and played in a minor key) under a musical facade.


It was an OK day mostly. Went for lesson at 9am, came back home and went back to sleep, went for YO, got treated to prata by Alan on account of the occasion, then came back home for the... event with my family.


More people than I expected remembered my birthday.


but not more than I hoped.


I got more stuff than I expected.


that is, more than nothing.


Blew out the single candle, made my wish. For the year ahead. They say I'm not supposed to tell anyone for fear that it won't come true. Yeah, right, like I believe in that.


though, what else do I have to believe in?


I remember all those years past. I used to wish others(family, friends etc) happiness, for good results in exams, that sort of thing.


And once, for a once-very-special-person. But this year's wish was for myself. Me and me alone.


I am resolved and resigned.


I'll try my hardest, though I'll still fall;


to be myself and uphold my beliefs and aspirations.


To those who have made the difference:


I, who am about to die, salute you!


bring it on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home