Tuesday, August 22, 2006

SHOSTAKOVICH PWNZ.


Simply can't get enough of the dissonance in his music and his endless quotes, either glorifying their original composers or making a mockery out of those who listened to them. The possibilities are endless- I recognised a few passages in his Piano Concerto No.2 composed for his son, quoted from Hanon's finger exercises which I used to practise on the piano. The reason being that he couldn't see any other way to make his son practise those exercises!!!


I could seriously fall off my chair laughing at that one.


34 days to Shostakovich's birthday. He's been gone for 31 years now; yet his music has made its mark in the world.


May it never die out.


If only his cello sonata wasn't that difficult to play. His cello concerto No.1 too. I'd eat up both of them as soon as I'm able.


some people just don't appreciate music or musicians.


life just isn't fair. But then again, it was never meant to be.


the best one can do is make the most out of what he has. I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home