Wednesday, January 31, 2007

it's like i have no time to practise at all?


Rehearsals. Haiz. They're getting to be quite a bore seriously. I know, the stuff on musicality is important, and it's interesting too, on what we should do to get stuff to sound better. But the fact is there just isn't enough of it. There's only one conductor and he can't have his attention focused on our section all the time. As a result we spend about 5/6 of the rehearsal listening to Mr Foo instead of getting practice in.


I have misjudged my class. They're not as bad as I first thought them to be. Well, considering the percentage decrease in THAT area which I shall not mention for fear of getting flamed.


Got back a Physics quiz I thought I was going to fail and found out I actually did above average and scored an A2. Maybe the class isn't that mug after all. Just because the whole doesn't mug doesn't mean the individuals don't either, though...


And I'm finishing my homework. Nearly done with music, will handle the GP essay later. Or perhaps during Econs period tomorrow.


If only I could sound better on my cello. I know Mr Chan isn't really in a nitpicky mood like he was for Haydn. For that he highlighted practically every single insignificant mistake out to me. But somehow, I miss that sort of teaching. If I'm going to reach the next level of playing, I need those comments. I need the criticism. So I can fix every single last item that's incorrect in my playing and bring it to perfection.


I'm feeling stonewalled. As in, not making any progress.But to quote myself, if you don't seem to be making any improvement, it's because you have your basics wrong somewhere.


All I need is someone to point out where it is that I've gone wrong. Quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home